Aquaglobe - 1202
Cooling Tower Biocide Water Treatment
Cooling towers require constant cooling tower biocide water treatment to control germ populations. Microbes in cooling water form biofilms, result in corrosion and can even be a health hazard for people in the vicinity due to aerosols carrying microbes, such as legionella.
Bacteria and microorganisms cause a host of problems that require cooling tower biocide water treatment to resolve. Biocides can treat:
- Biological growth: Bacteria, algae, fungi and viruses survive and thrive in cooling towers without biocide cooling tower treatment.
- Legionella contamination: This bacteria causes diseases like Legionnaires’ disease or Pontiac fever when people breathe in water droplets.
- Biofilm: Slime deposits form on cooling tower surfaces, disrupting water flow and heat transfer.
- Microbiologically induced corrosion (MIC): Microorganisms generate acid that interacts with the cooling tower’s surface when they are present or active in the water.
- Scaling: Heating or evaporation causes material buildup on the water cooling tower surface.
- Airborne contaminants: Silt, dust, soot and smog accumulate into a thick buildup in your water cooling tower.
With the right cooling tower biocide water treatment, you can continue to run a cost-effective and energy-efficient operation.
Key Features and Benefits
- Quick Action
- Broad Spectrum
- Ease of handling
- Effective over wide pH range
- Compatible with other cooling water chemicals